Find out about the latest releases of Yet Another Mail Merge in 2021!
- We are happy to announce the launch of the YAMM blog where our readers can find tips and tricks to email more productively. You can access the blog through the link on the YAMM page.
- We resolved the issue with full- and half-width Asian characters. In some cases, these characters were not correctly detected in Gmail labels causing error messages when sending a mail merge.
- All bounced emails are now correctly detected when you send particularly large mail merges (for example, with over 100 recipients).
- We resolved the issue which in some rare cases prevented links with special characters (like accented characters or Chinese ideograms) to work in Gmail drafts.
- For the careful organizers out there who want to keep all Gmail drafts from previous mail merges: YAMM now lists up to 75 Gmail drafts in the Email Template drop-down.
We resolved the error which appeared when you attempted to send a new mail merge with a subject that differs only by several characters from the subject of a previous mail merge.
- The details under Your current plans now include information about:
- whether you purchased via PayPal or Stripe
- date of renewal for plans with active auto-renewal
- date of subscription end for active plans with cancelled auto-renewal
- subscriber email address now appears under the plan name
- If you have an expiring YAMM plan which you purchased via PayPal, we have now enabled the option to renew or upgrade your plan via Stripe. For more information, see Upgrade a PayPal purchased plan via Stripe.
We resolved the issue which prevented users with expiring YAMM plans purchased via PayPal to now purchase via the billing service Stripe.
Waiting for up to 1 hour after the scheduled hour for your mail merge is not the best. With our recent improvements, mail merges now take only up to 30 minutes to be sent after the specified time configured for your scheduled mail merge.
We fixed an issue that was preventing YAMM from using the timezone configured in your Google sheet. Moreover, we added the timezone information in the tooltip under the Merge Status column.
After several technical improvements on our side, the tracking of bounces and responses will become faster for large mail merges.
We resolved an issue with the purchase of team plans in the YAMM billing system.
After several improvements, we now make sure that regardless of your web browser, the YAMM dashboard opens successfully.
In the Mail merges tab of your YAMM dashboard, there is now a tooltip specifying that form submission notifications are not included in the displayed counts.
Billing in YAMM just received a significant update!
- The new Billing page makes it easier to purchase and upgrade subscription plans. Just click your account menu in the YAMM web app and select Billing.
- From the Billing page, you can access your billing information on Stripe and check your subscription status, review payment history, download your bills, cancel or restart automatic renewal, and update your payment information. If you paid via PayPal, you can review your YAMM subscription status and payment information from your PayPal account. For more information, see Manage your subscription plan (paid via PayPal).
- Purchasing a YAMM subscription plan now requires that you have a YAMM account and are authenticated.
- Did you forget to add recipients in the To list in your form submission notifications draft? Not to worry. We are now gently reminding you about that with a warning message.
- In addition, if you receive a form submission and your draft notification has no recipients in the To list, YAMM will send the response to the user who configured the form.
The Template Gallery is available on the YAMM web app under the Templates section. You can now choose one of our templates and create a Gmail draft.