When doing an emailing campaign, you might receive some bounced emails to your inbox. This article will give you some tips to reduce bounces.
Why do my emails bounce?
3 main reasons can explain a high bounce rate:
- Your mailing list became obsolete. For example, your contacts might have not been properly imported, with many mistakes in their email addresses or accounts that did not exist anymore.
- You are spamming your recipients. This is the case if you didn't collect their consent first, and if you are sending emails to people who never subscribed to your list (learn more).
- You have exceeded your daily quota for some reasons. All your emails will bounce back because of sending limit (learn more).
How to reduce bounce rate?
Here are a few tips we highly recommend to follow to reduce bounce issues.
- Use our add-on Bounce Checker to get rid of existing bounces and clean your mailing list (learn more)
- Collect consent from your recipients to ensure that they opted-in to your emailing campaigns (learn more)
- Never send big batch of emails to people who don't know who you are
- Use double opt-in techniques such as sign-up forms, confirmation emails etc. The purpose is to make sure that your recipients validated their email address
- Include an unsubscribe link to your emails (learn more)
- In general, respect anti-spam rules and Gmail bulk senders guidelines
- For G Suite users: Configure properly your domain and set up a valid SPF record (learn more)