This article will explain how to plan your emailing campaigns in advance. Schedule batch deliveries by specifying the date and time to send your emails later, when you want.
How to schedule a mail merge?
1. Specify your delivery date and time
When you are ready to start your mail merge, you can schedule your campaign to send your emails later. Click 'Send Later':
Choose the 'Delivery date' and 'Delivery time':
2. Leave some quota for other campaigns (optional)
If you schedule for a large number of emails (which exceeds your daily quota), you can also tell YAMM to leave some quota (for other emails).
- Your mailing list contains 5,000 addresses
- Your daily quota is 1,500 emails / 24 hours
- You enter 'Leave some quota: 200'
YAMM will only send 1,300 emails at the specified time. We will send the remaining scheduled emails when your quota renews (and again, it will only send 1,300 emails until the scheduled mail merge is completed):
Once you clicked on 'Schedule merge', you will get a notification that summarizes when your emails will be sent out, and a link to the web app to check your campaign status:
The mention 'SCHEDULED' will also appear in the 'Merge status' column to remind you that they will be processed later:
Cancel your scheduled campaign
If you wish to cancel your scheduled mail merge, simply go to our web app, open your dashboard then click on 'CANCEL CAMPAIGN':
Then open your spreadsheet again, and delete the whole 'Merge status' column. To do so, right click on the appropriate column, then select 'Delete column':
If you just want to cancel the remaining scheduled campaign, you can just delete the 'SCHEDULED' mention after canceling it from the web app.
IMPORTANT: To know about this scheduling option
How many campaigns can I schedule in advance?
You can only schedule one campaign at a time. If you try to schedule more than one, a warning will be displayed.
So if you click on 'Schedule merge' again, it will cancel the previous one (even if you can still see 'SCHEDULED' on the first one, under 'Merge status'):
For example, you have to wait until all the scheduled emails for your mail merge 1 have been sent, to be able to schedule again for your mail mege 2 etc.
In the calendar, I can't select the date that I want
It's because you can't schedule more than one week in advance. Please select a date which is within the next 8 days following the day when you decide to schedule.
The scheduled mail merge is not being sent out
Several reasons can explain why your scheduled campaign is not sent out at the specified time:
- You have deleted your draft in Gmail, or your spreadsheet. In that case YAMM will not be able to deliver your scheduled emails. You can modify your draft as long as you do it before the specified time, and YAMM will send the latest version, but don't delete it! You will also be warned in YAMM UI:
- YAMM can only check your spreadsheet every hour. So your emails might be sent out up to 1 hour after the time you have specified. The delivery time only is an estimated time.
- When YAMM is scanning your spreadsheet to see if there are scheduled emails to be delivered, the number of emails sent at the specified time depends on the size of your draft. In some cases, YAMM will have enough time to send all your mail merge, otherwise (for heavier emails, like 10MB) another part of the batch will be sent the next hour. This will be repeated until all your mail merge delivery is completed.
- A scheduled mail merge is also counted against your quota, so it can take even more time for your emails to be delivered if you don't have enough quota. To avoid any mistakes regarding your quota calculations, you are not able to schedule if you don't have enough quota anymore, even if you are trying to schedule for more than 24 hours later, when your quota renews.