Learn how to import your contacts from Salesforce CRM into Google Sheets to send a mail merge with Gmail from your spreadsheet.
Method 1: Use Data connector for Salesforce (Google add-on)
On July 24, 2018, Google released a new add-on for Google Sheets to connect with Salesforce. Follow our instructions below to know how to import your contacts from Salesforce into a Google Sheet using this add-on.
1. Install Data connector for Salesforce
Search for Data connector for Salesforce on your Google Sheets add-on store, or click the button below to install the add-on from the Chrome Web Store:
When you click on Install, a pop-up appears. Click Continue.
Select your Google account, then click Allow to accept the authorizations.
2. Connect your Salesforce account with Data connector
Form your spreadsheet, go to Add-ons > Data Connector for Salesforce > Click to enable the add-on.
A sidebar opens on the right of the screen. Select the Salesforce environment you want to login to (Production by default), then click Authorize.
Once done, a confirmation message will open in a new tab. You can close it.
3. Import contacts from Salesforce
Go back to your spreadsheet. A new sidebar is automatically displayed.
To import contacts, you can either choose Reports (if you have existing reports in Salesforce) or Import (if you want to use a custom query).
In our example, we will select Reports, as we already created some previously in our Salesforce account.
Select the source report (with the contact list you want to import), choose the destination sheet, then click Get data (and Replace if necessary).
Method 2: Import a .csv file in your spreadsheet
1. Log into Salesforce
Click the button below to login to Salesforce and access your dashboard:
2. Create a report with your contact list
Once logged, click Reports > New Report at the top right corner of the page.
A pop-up appears, click Contacts and Accounts > Continue.
To make sure that all your contacts are displayed, Click Filters > Created Date, under Range select All Time and click Apply.
Then click Refresh to update your report.
Click the pencil icon to name your report.
Once done, click Run Report.
3. Export your report into a .csv file
Click on the arrow at the top right-hand side. Then, click Export.
Under Format, pick Delimited by semicolons .csv. Then, click Export to save it on your computer.
4. Import your .csv file into a Google Sheet
Open your spreadsheet, then click File > Import.
Click Upload > Select the file from your device. Then select your CSV file.
Complete the details on the following pop-up.
In our example:
- We decided to select Replace spreadsheet but you can choose another location.
- Data from our .csv file is separated with semicolons, that's why we entered ';' as a separator. However, you can also select Detect automatically and check how your data is formatted in your Google Sheets.
- We left Yes by default on Convert text numbers and dates.
Finally, click Import data.