Your open rate is very high or the results appear only a few seconds after you sent your campaign, and you think this is not normal. Please read this article to learn more.
In general, people are trying to increase their open rate to get the highest one possible, and are quite satisfied when they reach their goal.
However, in some cases, you might notice that your emails (few of them, or a lot) are being marked as 'OPENED' only a few seconds after you started your mail merge.
A very high open rate that happens only a few seconds after a mail merge doesn't necessary indicate that your campaign is 100% successful. On the contrary, this situation should give you an alert regarding your emailing performance, and you might doubt about this result. And you're right!
Indeed, if you are facing this situation, it is probably not because all your subscribers have suddenly showed interest to your email and have opened it. The possible (though not exhaustive) causes are:
- You opened a lot of emails from your Gmail 'Sent' folder. This will be counted as read.
- You opened bounced messages from your inbox. As they contain the email you sent, it will be counted as read too. To avoid skewing the results, you can just archive them without reading them.
- Your subscribers forwarded your email. When other recipients opened your emails, this will be recorded by our tracker. Unfortunately there's no way to prevent this.
- Similarly, your cc/bcc recipients opened your email. As the same email is sent to everyone, we can't differentiate between the main recipient and the one(s) in copy. Learn more
- Aggressive spam filters opened your emails before they reached your recipients' inbox. As above, this can't be avoided from YAMM side. You can follow our tips to reduce spam issues.