YAMM can add files from Google Drive to Google Sheets and send them as attachments to your emails.
To send personalized attachments, you can add the Google Drive URLs to the files in the Google Sheets document manually or automatically.
Method 1: List your file URLs one by one in your Google Sheets
Follow this method if you don't have any matching elements between your Google Sheets columns and your file titles or if you have few personalized attachments to send.
- Upload your files to Google Drive.
- Right-click a file, select Get link and copy the link.
- Paste the URL of each file in a column named Attachment in your Google Sheets.
warning The name of the attachments column is case-sensitive and its name must be Attachment. If the column name does not match Attachment, YAMM does not detect it and it cannot attach the listed documents.
- Click + Alias, filters, personalized attachments.
- Select the checkbox Attach files in column xx to emails sent.
- You can now send your mail merge with the personalized attachments as they are listed in your Google Sheets.
Method 2: Automatically list all file URLs in your Google Sheets
If you have a lot of attachments, you can add them automatically in your Google Sheets.
In our example, we are sending personalized monthly payslips in attachments to our employees.
YAMM personalizes the attachments by using the unique IDs which are part of the filename naming convention. If an ID appears in multiple filenames (for example, 01 is found in 01 and in 101), all files matching the ID are sent to the same recipient.
- Choose a naming convention for your file titles that include the ID.
- Open the Google Sheets for the mail merge.
- In a new column, list the ID values for each recipient so that they match the ID values in the filename of the personalized attachment for that recipient.
Note: The ID here is a three-digit number. For more than 100 attachments, you should consider an appropriate number of digits to ensure accurate matches.
- In the Google Sheets, select Add-ons > Yet Another Mail Merge > Start Mail Merge.
- Click + Alias, filters, personalized attachments and click Import from Drive folder.
- Select the Drive folder that contains the files.
warning If you are unable to select a Google Drive folder and see the message 'No documents', you can find more information in the article Attachments issue: 'No documents' in the Drive folder selection
- Select the column with IDs which are matched to the attachment filenames and click Import files.
YAMM automatically lists your file URLs next to the right recipients in a new column of your Google Sheets.
- Click Back.
- Click Send emails.
Each recipient receives an email with a personalized attachment.
Recipients quota for emails with attachments
|Plan||Account Type||Recipient quota with attachments|
|50 / 24 hours|
|Google Workspace||50 / 24 hours|
|Gmail||100 / 24 hours|
|Google Workspace in a free trial or warm-up period||100 / 24 hours|
|Google Workspace Confirmed||1,500 / 24 hours|